Tuesday 10 January 2012

Being in Writer Mode

Well, the past week has been spent getting back to everything normal. Such as watching a little bit of television, going to the gym, conversing with real people, not one's that are in my head, ahahaha... Sad but true.

Being in writer mode means, as I've said before, being somewhere else completely, telling the story of the characters as they see it and for me to be able to do that, I need complete silence.  I'm not one of these writers who can listen to music or have background noise. If there are those types of disturbances, then I'm not able to listen to the characters properly and I most certainly am not able to be in their world, therefore won't be able to write their story as it should be. 

Why am I bringing this up?  Well its an explanation as to why this blog, along with marketing and not being around all that much, fell to the wayside.  Don't get me wrong, all those things are important because they are what brings me my readers and the readers are the most important thing to me. Unfortunately, on the other side of that, if I don't write a good story then I wouldn't have any readers.  Hmm!  That's right along the same lines as "what came first, the chicken or the egg?".

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment