Wednesday 16 November 2011

Striving to be you

There was a mix up on my tour so I have to be in two places at once today as yesterdays stop was well... Let's not go there. So I'll leave the same blog post but send you to the two spots, hopefully I'll get there. Yikes! Busy day.

My first stop is a guest blog at Cocktails and Books, it's a little bit of a racey site, so enter at your own risk.

My other is an interview at Blogcritics (I'm running late on this one, will get to it soon).

Have you ever really wondered who you are? I don't mean are you a nice person, are you kind to others, do you gossip, are you one to rant and rave at other drivers... Not that kind of stuff. Have you ever truly looked beyond the above ground emotions, your abilities, accomplishments, failures? Someone's perception is a broad spectrum -- if you were to write a book with a character exactly as you are, would that character show their flaws (your flaws) or would that character always come out shining above the rest -- that would be your perception of yourself. Now, if someone else was to write a character exactly like you, I can guarantee that character wouldn't be someone you would recognized. The perception you have of yourself is, nine times out of ten, completely different that how other people see you. I ask, could you write a character in a true light of yourself?

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment